The KAT is out of the bag

In an interview for the Florida Baptist Witness last week – Congress woman and Senatorial hopeful, Katherine Harris, openly spoke her mind about religion in politics.

Yes that’s correct – the woman who threw the election for GW Bush in 2000 by using the names of Texas felons to disallow the votes of thousands of legitimate Floridians with similar names is taking the moral high ground in her bid for the US Senate.

Among other things this frightening woman said:
“we have to have the faithful in government and over time, that lie we have been told, the separation of church and state, people have internalized, thinking that they needed to avoid politics and that is so wrong because God is the one who chooses our rulers”

So we now have a senatorial hopeful that does NOT believe in the separation of church and state… And she believes – like Bush – that God appoints our leaders.

So I have to ask – why then do we hold elections at all? Wouldn’t it just be easier to just ask WWJVF? (Who would Jesus vote for?)

She went on to say:
"And if we are the ones not actively involved in electing those godly men and women," then "we're going to have a nation of secular laws. That's not what our Founding Fathers intended, and that certainly isn't what God intended."

I don’t recall God being one of our founding fathers – but perhaps I missed something. I would like to ask a question about that though.
Eighty seven years after this nation was founded there was some division over the intent of the founding fathers with regards to states rights.
Which God is she referring to here, the one the North believed in – or the one the South believed in – during the years 1861 – 1865?

I realize that there are many among us that have never even read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights – and many more who have little understanding as to what they mean. – But I would hope that they would seek and gain that understanding BEFORE they run for congress or the US senate.

A nation of secular laws was fully intended by our founding fathers. I had thought they had made that perfectly clear.

If Katherine’s fear is that we will become a nation of secular laws – then she is living in the wrong country.
Iran is such a place – perhaps she would be more comfortable there.

I have gotten some disturbing emails in recent months; you know the chain mail kind, implying that American patriotism includes belief in, and worship of God.
They go on to imply that since the founding fathers believed in God – so should we all – and if you do not, they go on to say, you should consider leaving.

Why should someone’s loyalty be measured by their faith in God?
Saddam Husain believes in God. So does Osama Bin Laden, and so did Hitler.

On September 14th 2001 I went to visit my dad out on the family tree farm.
As I left my small neighborhood for the country back roads – I noticed all the flags hanging outside everyone’s home. (mine included)

When I got there I asked my dad “are you going to hang up a flag?”

“What for?” he replied without hesitation “Why should I feel the need to advertise my patriotism?”
“Patriotism is something you feel in here (points to his heart). It’s personal to me, and I don’t need to show it off.”
This from a man who volunteered to go off to world war two, where he served as a navigator in the air force.

Though he was a pacifist, he enlisted, because his country needed him.
He put the needs of his country above his personal beliefs.

In 1943 his plane was shot down. The crew had to bail out. One man was so nervous he pulled the ripcord and opened his chute inside the plane.
My dad got him out of the way, got all the others out of the plane then made sure the unfortunate fellow was able to jump without getting tangled up in his own rigging.

All this as the flak from the anti air guns exploded around them and their plane descended in a slow downward spiral, missing part of one wing, and on fire.

All of the crew survived the jump. But they were captured behind German lines. My dad rode out the last 18 months of the war in a German POW camp.
When they were liberated and my dad was nominated for a medal of freedom – he retorted “Nonsense! What on earth for?”

He turned down all his veterans benefits as well.
When he returned from the war he finished school and started a family. He always voted stayed active and informed, paid his taxes and contributed to his community.

When I was young our neighborhood was transforming from a middle class – to a lower class area. – Realtors were using scare tactics preying on people’s stereotypes and fears of blacks moving into their community to get people to sell cheap and move away.

My dad refused to give in to this kind of bullying.
“What good does that do my community, what good does that do my country?” he asked. “The nation invested in me – and I invested in this community – segregated neighborhoods are just plain un-American.”

He cared more about his country than he cared about his property value – How patriotic is that?
So why do I bring all this up?
Well Katherine Harris – my dad does not believe in God.

16 comments:

Seven Star Hand said...

Bush's Gift Horse has Hoof in Mouth, again!

Hey Bobbb and all,

This gets to the root of the problem of deluded and greedy politicians who seek to impose their own ignorance on millions of others. Because of our reliance on money, politics, and religion, we are teetering on the verge of worldwide disaster. Idiots like Ms. Harris couldn't care less about everyone else as long as they get their hands on wealth and power, even if it means pretending to serve the Creator. It is long past time that people stand up for truth and justice and give these scoundrels their due.

Read more here...

Peace...

Nugg Doctor said...

Thanks for the shout bobbb, I will be checking out your blog every once and awhile too.

The Nugg Doctor

lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

wow...
one of the best written posts ive come across in ages.

ive lived in indonesia for a few years and i totally agree there should be a separation of church and state. someone should shove that kat back in the bag.

Ayman said...

Damn the KAT! Damn it too hell!

Ayman said...

Welll done on the post Bobbb!

Bobbb - Citizen of Earth said...

Ty ayeman - Anonymous has been banned from this blog - my head is starting to clear

Vengelyne said...

Your dad sounds like a great man, who doesn't calculate what he has contributed to the country.

Thank goodness our politicians don't say that about letting Allah decide the leaders and rulers. Phew!

Bobbb - Citizen of Earth said...

AnonymousTrollingAsshole said...
oh really

September 06, 2006 9:02 AM


Yep - really

Bobbb - Citizen of Earth said...

You see asshole - this is my blog.

MINE

And since you have nothing to contribute - since you have nothing to say that is on topic - and since I just plain don't like you - your comments will be deleted

Unfair? - You bet! – Too say the least! Don’t like it? Too bad - get over it and get a life.

You spout some garbage like:
“I don’t hate you – I don’t hate anybody” – But you do asshole, you do
You are consumed with hatred. It pours out of you like an overwhelming unstoppable force that will not be denied. I used to pity you for it, but not anymore.

Why? – Well maybe it’s your disingenuous style and your self deluded belief that your hatred passes for humor. – It doesn’t.

You follow me through the blog sphere taking half assed pointless shots at everything I say. You are obsessed with me. Flattering to a point, yes, but I wont tolerate it from you here – not on MY blog. Not anymore.

Last night I was thinking about your obsession with my gracious flirts and compliments to a woman half a world away.

Look back over her blog – there are numerous crass comments from others requesting the graphic details of her sex life, nude pictures – anal sex…

But when I step in with something genuine and heartfelt to say, you blow a fucking gasket. Do you ever wonder why that is? – Perhaps it has something to do with the pointless and empty state your life is in; perhaps you are just jealous that no one has any kind words for you. But guess what? – I DON”T want to know, I DON”T care.

When I was 23 – I was having the time of my life –The last thing I would have been doing would be trolling blogs looking for people to insult. Believe me, that my life has been a good one, and it just keeps on getting better. Friends like Vengelyne are a perfect example of that.

Do you even know why I bothered to take the time to read her blog and take an interest in her in the first place? (Aside from the catchy title).

She puts it right there in the opening statement. – “I am human”
Something you apparently do not understand.

Biologically I have to admit that you are human also – but you have lost your connection to humanity.

So keep on coming back everyday – to voice your pointless off topic, hate filled opinions.
I will be glad to delete them.

Bobbb - Citizen of Earth said...

The best part about deleting anonymoustrollingasshole comments - you don't have to read 'em first!

Bobbb - Citizen of Earth said...

Thanks Vengelyne

Yes - he is kinda special. Of course I am biased.
there will be more about him on upcomming blogs to be sure

Anonymous said...

BLACK CHRISTIANS HATE YOUR FUCKING GUTS!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi all!
Keep up this great resource.
Very much interesting site. We enjoyed visiting your website very much.

Try this - very useful:

http://lortab.butkel1.org/ lortab

See ya!

Anonymous said...

http://poker-moza.blogspot.com/
Ciao!

Anonymous said...

http://tramadol-best5.blogspot.com/
Ciao!

Anonymous said...

http://adipex-hgf65.blogspot.com/
See you.